Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are you open?
A: Yes we are open for business and have adopted very rigorous COVID-19 screening and return to work policies for everyone's protection. Read the details of our COVID-19 Prevention Policy.
Q: Where can I purchase your products?
A: The health and beauty products are on the shelves for sale at the Salon at 618 across from the Oaks Mall in Gainesville, FL and at The Florida School of Massage on 441 past UF campus.
You can also purchase online at our retail store or shop our products with free shipping on Amazon and Walmart!
Q: I know your products are organic and good for the environment, but what do you do to help the animals?
A: Valhalla Spa Organics is certified by PETA as cruelty-free! We joined the cause – PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies Program – and you should too! Just look for the bunny logo on products you purchase like kind cosmetics, personal care products and household cleaners. Show the bunnies some love by shopping responsibly. For years, shoppers have trusted PETA’s bunny logo to lead them to products that were made without harming animals.
Q: Is the lotion bar soap? How do I use it?
A: No, the lotion bar isn't soap. It is to be used in the place of lotion and works best if used after washing the hands/face/body but before drying off to lock in the moisture.
Q: Will the deodorant turn tan after using for a while or will it discolor my tight fitting white undershirts?
A: No. The deodorant is of an off-white/opaque in color and has a new suitable natural preservative to allow the natural vanillin fragrance to remain clear. The tan color was more pronounced in earlier batches of deodorant but we have found natural ways to mitigate the occurrence. Please contact customer service if you have any questions.
Q: I have sensitive skin. Will the deodorant cause a rash?
A: No not normally. If you suspect the deodorant is exasperating your skin then stop using until it clears up.
- Keep the affected areas dry between use by dusting with a natural/talc-free powder containing allantoin (a skin conditioner and soother).
- We suggest testing the deodorant by placing a it on a small patch of sensitive skin first to see if it causes a reaction in 24 hours.
- Some people are either sensitive to pH levels of baking soda or sulfur. In this case I always recommend someone use a fragrance free deodorant (different from non-scented) with magnesium instead.
- Sometimes persons are carriers of yeast that can cause an itchy red rash, especially in creases. Incase, first clear the yeast infection. There are many over the counter anti-fungal creams but the treatment time can be as long as two months.
- I always wear a white cotton undershirt here in the South to wick moisture away and they always wash back white clean.
A: Yes, use the tooth powder in place of your regular toothpaste. Wet your toothbrush and dip in container to get the powder to adhere to your toothbrush (the top pops off) or sprinkle on with the shaker top. Then brush your teeth as normal and rinse out. Earlier versions did not foam but now the tooth powder has a natural and gentle sudsing action!
Q: Returns - I am not satisfied with the product or it arrived damaged, what can I do?
A: Notify us as soon as you can so we can issue a refund or a replacement item. To get started, simply reply to the original purchase notification email from Valhalla Spa Organics with your statement. Or send an email to Seth so we can rectify the situation for you. Please let us know if you experience any issue with shipping.