What goes in, must come out… Make sure your body is making the most out of the foods you eat and strengthens your immune system by keeping your microbiome balanced. The microbiome is a community of trillions of microorganisms that live inside and on your body. They outnumber your own cells 10 to 1 and their health is critical and closely tied to your health and well being. Sometimes this symbiotic balance with the good bugs is upset, letting too many bad bacteria in.
Taking a natural probiotic every day can help re-establish and keep the balance of good bacteria in our microdome favorable and provide many important health benefits. Ten top reasons to take a probiotic include (Hayes 2016):
- Promote a healthy microbiome – Your synthetic 21st century lifestyle is wreaking havoc on your body’s delicate balance of bacteria.
- Balance immune function – 80% of your immune system is located in your gut.
- Enhance nutrient absorption – Enzymes and bacteria are required to break your food down before it can be used.
- Improve your mood – Your gut feeling is more than a “hunch”, 95% of your happy chemical neurotransmitter serotonin is actually manufactured by your gut bacteria.
- Maintain a healthy body weight – Unbalanced guts lead to changes in mood and hormone levels that trigger food cravings.
- Fight bad breath – Good bacteria suppress the growth of bad breath causing microbes.
- Keep inflammation in check – By supporting immune function, inflammation is reduced.
- Reduce fatigue – Increasing digestion and nutrient absorption leads to more energy.
- Balance your blood sugar – Gut bacteria communicate with your cells and send chemical messages throughout your body and optimizes critical body functions.
- Improve appearance of your skin – Your skin is your largest organ and is a reflection of your internal health, reducing inflammation increases skin health.
There are several "super foods" that are rich in probiotics. Ten great probiotic foods include: Kefir & Yogurt, Kombucha Tea, Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Vegetables Pickled In Brine, Raw Dark Chocolate, Sourdough Bread, Miso Soup, Tempeh Soybean Tofu.
If it isn’t possible to get a daily dose of these super foods, I take a probiotic supplement made by my trusted lifetime friend and colleague, Dawn Brower, owner of Balanced Body Nutritionals. With over 10 years experience in Colon Hydortherapy field and working with several clients who battle with intestinal issues everyday, Balanced Body Nutritionals probiotic was formulated to help you look your best and feel your best. You can purchase her probiotic supplement here.
- 30 billion live strains in each capsule to help your body feel and look its best.
- 10different live strains that work to put your body back in balance.
- Made in the USA with FDA certified lab to ensure the highest quality standards for you.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Hays, Julie. “Ten Surprising Reasons You Should Take a Daily Probiotic.” Web. November 2nd, 2016. https://www.hyperbiotics.com/blogs/recent-articles/104467654-10-surprising-reasons-you-should-take-a-daily-probiotic